Education & Affiliations
- Doctoral Candidate – DSW – Capella University 2018
- Master’s of Social Work – U of Southern California 2011
- Member of The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Member of the International Sociology Honor Society of Alpha Kappa Delta
- NASW Membership
Steve Badgett is licensed as a Provisional Clinical Social Worker in the state of Wyoming. Steve has worked as a Behavior Therapist at New Hope Behavior Health Center, providing Mental Health Counseling to adults living with anxiety and depression. He has worked in the California State Assembly developing social policy to better assist foster youth and design wraparound services for the chronically homeless. Stephan was also honored for his work providing mental health services to single parent families and adults in Los Angeles County. His training has been in the following treatment modalities:
- EFT – Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples & families
- Experience with foster care, homelessness and transitional housing issues
Hours & Contact Info
Steve is available for scheduling appointments:
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:00
- Evening appointments available
- Sliding Fee available (eligibility paperwork required)
- Anticipated graduation with Doctorate degree MSW 2018
- MSW – provisionally licensed
- EFT Therapist – in training
On a Personal Note
Currently, Stephan is a Doctoral Candidate (DSW) at Capella University and is beginning his dissertation in June, 2017. He has been living in Jackson Hole for a combined 11 years and is grateful to call these mountains his home. Stephan is excited to be a part of Jackson Hole Family Solutions, and is passionate about providing services to individuals and families in distress. Coming from a family where he was raised the 4th of 9 children, he has a passion for empowering family systems to create joy and lasting happiness in their relationships. Stephan has been focusing his clinical work and doctoral studies on improving couple and family relationships in the 21st century, and nurturing our emotional connections in the digital age.
Stephan is originally from Mesa, AZ. He enjoys mountain biking, playing music on his guitar and reading. He has an eclectic background and enjoys bridging the gaps between different communities. Stephan works with individuals to restore a vitality for life, and to develop a passion for living by feeling connected to self and others. He is efficacious with couples experiencing mild to moderate distress, and can help dispel the sense of isolation or loneliness that can derail successful relationship, and restore connectedness through emotional fluency.
Stephan lives in Jackson Hole with his wife, three beautiful children and one very needy dog.