ReConnecting Your Relationship
Emotionally Focused Therapy, EFT, is a specific treatment modality for couples in distress. We look at ongoing dynamics and patterns that continue a negative cycle resulting in feelings of disconnection. The overall goal is to deconstruct these patterns and reconstruct new patterns resulting in connection, intimacy and safety.
- JHFS can help your relationship get back on track.
Typical Couple Issues that EFT can help with:
- marital distress
- lack of communication
- distance – conflict
- lack sexual intimacy
- substance abuse
- Sex/pornography addiction
All relationships experience distress from time to time. We become trapped in a negative cycle that prevents our loved ones from hearing our relational needs, giving responsiveness and over time, this can create distrust, disconnect and chip away at our felt sense of safety in our relationship.
EFT is considered the most effective form of couple’s therapy. In EFT we help couples understand the negative pattern that has taken over their relationship and how it impacts things like effective communication, safety, trust, connection and intimacy.
- We help couple’s create corrective experiences by tuning into the underlying emotional stories (feeling afraid, alone, rejected, not good enough) that sometimes drive more reactive behavior (yelling, criticism, defensiveness, shutting down, stonewalling).
- EFT has empirical data supporting its efficacy
- 70-75% of couples report improvement
- EFT has a road map for therapy
- the couple completes 3 distinct Stages of treatment
- EFT focuses on where couples get stuck in order to change negative patterns into more positive interactions
How is EFT different than other couple therapies?
- Certified EFT therapists receive years of specific training
- EFT is rooted in attachment theory
- EFT provides EFT therapists with a road map for therapy
- The road map takes couples through distinct stages of therapy
- Each stage focuses on specific relational changes
- EFT identifies negative cycle in which couples are stuck
- EFT creates changes in dynamic, not just behavior
How Relationships Get STUCK – George Faller, LMFT
What Happens When We Are Disconnected
However, due to our relationship histories, and the negative patterns we get into with our partners, many of us have difficulties with trust and expressing emotion to those who mean the most to us.
Let us help you fight the negative pattern enemy in your relationship.