Reconnect, Heal & Strengthen your relationship through our Couples Intensive Marriage Retreat
Zoom Online Options available!
Experience re-connection through our Marriage Retreat and EFT Couples Intensive. This opportunity allows couples 12 hours of intensive therapy in 2 days with a certified EFT therapist and marital expert.
We focus on providing a specific type of couple’s therapy: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). EFT has been proven to be the most effective type of couple’s therapy. During your marriage retreat, you and your partner will meet with a certified EFT therapist.
EFT Couple Intensive Marriage Retreat
Work with a certified EFT, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Expert. 12 hours of focused, intensive therapy designed to meet your relational goals.
Zoom Online Option is designed to meet the same guidelines and goals for couples.
- Designed to help couples in deep distress who need immediate, intensive attention
- A personalized, intensive couple therapy experience to help couples gain immediate traction and to be followed up with week to week therapy with a therapist in their area
- An intensive therapeutic experience to begin addressing a multitude of pressing issues including: addictions, affairs, separation/divorce
- The couple receives treatment that is typically done over months, but in a few days
- Designed to help couples in distress or couples who are seeking to rebuild connection
- An intensive experience in EFT couples therapy where couple’s can learn their patterns within a relationship that pull them toward isolation and cultivate new patterns that foster safety, trust, intimacy, communication and connection
Is an EFT Couples Intensive Marriage Retreat for us?
Emotionally Focused Therapy Couple Intensives & Marital Retreats are designed for couples who are:
- Looking for intensive marriage counseling weekend
- Seeking to rebuild, reconnect with their partner through an effective method of counseling
- In crisis for which weekly therapy is not helping
- Recovering from Infidelity
- On the verge of separation/divorce
- Experiencing significant distress in their relationship
- Wanting change sooner rather than later
- Not able to attend traditional weekly therapy
- Couples who would like more privacy while working on their relationship
- Desperate for some type of change in their relationship
What Will We Gain from an EFT Couple Intensive Marriage Retreat?
Through targeted, personalized professional help, you will gain:
- More connectedness
- More closeness
- More safety
- Better communication
- Creation of new relational dynamic
- More joy & less conflict
- Renewed sense of togetherness, partnership
- Understanding how the relationship was stuck
- Tools to stay out of negative dynamic
WHY THIS MARRIAGE RETREAT? – Destination Location – Jackson Hole, WY
- Just one hour south of Yellowstone National Park, and in the heart of Grand Teton National Park, Jackson Hole creates the ideal marriage retreat experience
- Peace & tranquility take you away from daily responsibilities, allowing couples a sense of restoration that is needed as you embark on a restorative relationship journey
- Wide variety of connecting activities for couples to enjoy during afternoon & evening breaks
- Leisurely pace of life in a surreal western town,
- Plethora of seasonal recreation compliments the goals of this intensive marriage retreat
- The majesty of Mother Nature, inspires couples into reconnection
Format of EFT Couple Intensive & Marital Retreat
An intensive marriage counseling weekend is roughly 12 hours of personalized therapy by a Certified EFT therapist. Below is a rough schedule of how the weekend unfolds, however, your therapist may decide to shift times, schedules in order to best meet the needs of your relationship. See below for Zoom Online Option.
Day 1 – total 6 hours
- Couple Session – 90 min.
- Individual Session – partner A, 60 min.
- Individual Session – partner B, 60 min.
- Wrap up morning session with couple – 15 min.
- Afternoon Break – (lunch) 1.5 hours
- Evening Couple Session – 2.5 hours
Day 2 – 6 hours
- Morning Couple Session – 3 hours w 15 min. break
- Afternoon Break (lunch) 1.5 hours
- Evening Couple Session – 2.5 hours
- 30 min. closure/wrap up with couple
Additional therapy hours/day may be added to this schedule upon request and billed according to retreat fee/hour.
Zoom Online Option for Couples Intensive Retreat
- Follows same format of 6 hours over 2 days as in person couples intensive retreat
- Travel & accommodations not necessary! Access services from comfort of your space & time!
- Couples must be certain they have access to space so therapy time will be uninterrupted by kids, dogs, work, etc
- For more information, please contact Laura directly at 307-690-2153 or email@example.com
Scheduling an Intensive Retreat
- FRI/SAT combination
- Typically it will take 3-5 weeks to schedule your intensive date
- To Register, please complete following form: request intensive
What Do We Need To Do First?
Couples will need to:
- Be pre-screened and complete paperwork
- Read Hold Me Tight authored by Dr. Sue Johnson
- Select and confirm date for retreat
- Arrange childcare & take off work
- Make travel arrangements
- Arrange payment (we accept cash/check/credit – please note there is a 3.75% charge associated with credit)
We are happy to help you with your accommodation and recreational bookings
Jackson Hole offers accommodations for every budget
Who Does Not Qualify For an EFT Couple Intensive & Marital Retreat?
This type of intensive marriage counseling weekend is not appropriate for:
- Couples engaged in domestic violence
- Couples who are actively engaged in substance abuse/dependence
- Couples who are actively engaged in an ongoing affair
Follow Up & Fee
- Couples will receive a personal referral to a qualified EFT therapist in their area
- Couples who sign release will benefit by coordination between intensive therapist and follow up therapist so aftercare can be seamless and efficient
- Fee: $4750 for weekend (this does not include travel, lodging, meals – therapy only). Please ask us about 5% discount!
- “I was questioning if this time would be worth the investment and I could tell by lunch the first day that it was. Laura has an uncanny ability to translate what I am thinking & feeling but don’t have words for! The help in organizing that and giving me language was invaluable. The ability to hold focus and no allow us to go down a lot of rabbit holes allowed us to move forward in some very hard conversations. We are excited to take these concepts home and apply!” – March 2023
- “This is what healing feels like. I have wanted this for so long!” – April 2023
- “Far exceeded my expectations. We made more progress than I thought would have been possible. Laura kept us focused and it was a nice blend between learning skills and applying skills while communicating with my partner. We will be following up with Laura for additional coaching.” – May 2023
- “We had a very hard and long standing pattern that was influenced by multiple ‘injuries’. Laura helped us unravel some of the injury and begin to help us talk about these old problems in new ways. Felt like forward movement, which we haven’t been able to accomplish in regular week to week therapy.” – July 2023
- “I did an individual intensive. While I was worried about how much time I would be in therapy with focus on just me, Laura kept our pace slow and steady. I was able to find peace in many childhood issues. Emotionally Focused Therapy (for individuals) has been more effective in healing these wounds than the other talk therapies I have been in. I appreciate the level of safety Laura creates and her style.” – August 2023
- “We were brought back from the brink of divorce! Laura helped us understand the story of our marriage and identify our negative communication patterns over decades that kept creating more distance. She helped us close that distance and give us tools to protect our new found closeness!” – October 2023
- “We were apprehensive about doing an intensive via ZOOM. Laura was able to pick up on our non-verbals even through the computer. I felt like she could tune into what I was feeling, help me put words to it and create enough safety for us to start sharing these new more vulnerable parts of ourselves. Laura creates a lot of safety! We enjoyed the blend of teaching and experiencing and felt that she is very personable and was a fit for us to do intensive work. Very Satisfied! Will be continuing with future coaching sessions!” – October 2023
- 2022 Archived Testimonials
- 2021 Archived Testimonials
- 2020 COVID Archived Testimonials
- 2019 Archived Testimonials
- 2018 Archived Testimonials
- 2017 Archived Testimonials