Experience re-connection through our Marriage Retreat and EFT Couples Intensive.
This opportunity allows couples 12 hours of intensive therapy in 2 days with a certified EFT therapist and marital expert.
We focus on providing a specific type of couple’s therapy: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). EFT has been proven to be the most effective type of couple’s therapy. During your marriage retreat, you and your partner will meet with a certified EFT therapist.
EFT Couple Intensive Marriage Retreat
Work with a certified EFT, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Expert. 12 hours of focused, intensive therapy designed to meet your relational goals.
- Designed to help couples in deep distress who need immediate, intensive attention
- A personalized, intensive couple therapy experience to help couples gain immediate traction and to be followed up with week to week therapy with a therapist in their area
- An intensive therapeutic experience to begin addressing a multitude of pressing issues including: addictions, affairs, separation/divorce
- The couple receives treatment that is typically done over months, but in a few days
- Designed to help couples in distress or couples who are seeking to rebuild connection
- An intensive experience in EFT couples therapy where couple’s can learn their patterns within a relationship that pull them toward isolation and cultivate new patterns that foster safety, trust, intimacy, communication and connection
Is an EFT Couples Intensive Marriage Retreat for us?
Emotionally Focused Therapy Couple Intensives & Marital Retreats are designed for couples who are:
- Looking for intensive marriage counseling weekend
- Seeking to rebuild, reconnect with their partner through an effective method of counseling
- In crisis for which weekly therapy is not helping
- Recovering from Infidelity
- On the verge of separation/divorce
- Experiencing significant distress in their relationship
- Wanting change sooner rather than later
- Not able to attend traditional weekly therapy
- Couples who would like more privacy while working on their relationship
- Desperate for some type of change in their relationship
What Will We Gain from an EFT Couple Intensive Marriage Retreat?
Through targeted, personalized professional help, you will gain:
- More connectedness
- More closeness
- More safety
- Better communication
- Creation of new relational dynamic
- More joy & less conflict
- Renewed sense of togetherness, partnership
- Understanding how the relationship was stuck
- Tools to stay out of negative dynamic
WHY THIS MARRIAGE RETREAT? – Destination Location – Jackson Hole, WY
- Just one hour south of Yellowstone National Park, and in the heart of Grand Teton National Park, Jackson Hole creates the ideal marriage retreat experience
- Peace & tranquility take you away from daily responsibilities, allowing couples a sense of restoration that is needed as you embark on a restorative relationship journey
- Wide variety of connecting activities for couples to enjoy during afternoon & evening breaks
- Leisurely pace of life in a surreal western town,
- Plethora of seasonal recreation compliments the goals of this intensive marriage retreat
- The majesty of Mother Nature, inspires couples into reconnection
Format of EFT Couple Intensive & Marital Retreat
An intensive marriage counseling weekend is roughly 12 hours of personalized therapy by a Certified EFT therapist. Below is a rough schedule of how the weekend unfolds, however, your therapist may decide to shift times, schedules in order to best meet the needs of your relationship.
Day 1 – total 6 hours
- Couple Session – 90 min.
- Individual Session – partner A, 60 min.
- Individual Session – partner B, 60 min.
- Wrap up morning session with couple – 15 min.
- Afternoon Break – (lunch) 1.5 hours
- Evening Couple Session – 2.5 hours
Day 2 – 6 hours
- Morning Couple Session – 3 hours w 15 min. break
- Afternoon Break (lunch) 1.5 hours
- Evening Couple Session – 2.5 hours
- 30 min. closure/wrap up with couple
Additional therapy hours/day may be added to this schedule upon request and billed according to retreat fee/hour.
Scheduling an Intensive Retreat
- FRI/SAT combination
- Typically it will take 3-5 weeks to schedule your intensive date
- To Register, please complete following form: request intensive
What Do We Need To Do First?
Couples will need to:
- Be pre-screened and complete paperwork
- Read Hold Me Tight authored by Dr. Sue Johnson
- Select and confirm date for retreat
- Arrange childcare & take off work
- Make travel arrangements
- Arrange payment (we accept cash/check/credit – please note there is a 3.75% charge associated with credit)
We are happy to help you with your accommodation and recreational bookings
Jackson Hole offers accommodations for every budget
Who Does Not Qualify For an EFT Couple Intensive & Marital Retreat?
This type of intensive marriage counseling weekend is not appropriate for:
- Couples engaged in domestic violence
- Couples who are actively engaged in substance abuse/dependence
- Couples who are actively engaged in an ongoing affair
Follow Up & Fee
- Couples will receive a personal referral to a qualified EFT therapist in their area
- Couples who sign release will benefit by coordination between intensive therapist and follow up therapist so aftercare can be seamless and efficient
- Fee: $4250 for weekend
- “We are in awe of the work we were able to do! I did not want to come into this weekend, but with your ability to help me understand what our dynamic was and ways in which we could fix it so quickly, made me feel so much more comfortable and safe, I could open up to this process.” – October 2019
- “EFT in a great model and your ability to explain the patterns of behavior that we are stuck in was helpful. I am glad we are able to continue this work with an EFT therapist in our area and appreciate your work in finding the right fit for us at home. We look forward to continuing on this journey of healing our marriage.” – September 2019
- “I walked away with an understanding of what my impact on my partner was and that helped me connect to her experience and soften my anger. I appreciate how intuitive you were and how you created space to allow us to process past trauma. It is rare to find someone who has so clearly found their calling – and you clearly have. We are walking away with a renewed sense of commitment and already an increased intimacy!” – June 2019
- “You were able to create moments between us that were worth the entire weekend. It was clear that this was not just a job to you, but that you really cared and worked hard for our moments.” – June 2019
- “Laura, I really appreciate your skill and your compassion this past weekend as you worked to help us untangle things and your ability to hijack the negative pattern each time it showed up, keeping our space safe to do this work.” – May 2019
- “Laura, we wanted to thank you for all your support this past weekend. Your focus and gentle style made us feel so safe to explore how our marriage got so stuck! And now we can see each other’s perspective! We are so thankful to you for helping us reconnect!” – January 2019
- 2018 Archived Testimonials
- 2017 Archived Testimonials