Experience re-connection through our Marriage Retreat and EFT Couples Intensive.
This opportunity allows couples 12 hours of intensive therapy in 2 days with a certified EFT therapist and marital expert.
We focus on providing a specific type of couple’s therapy: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). EFT has been proven to be the most effective type of couple’s therapy. During your marriage retreat, you and your partner will meet with a certified EFT therapist.
EFT Couple Intensive Marriage Retreat
Work with a certified EFT, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Expert. 12 hours of focused, intensive therapy designed to meet your relational goals.
- Designed to help couples in deep distress who need immediate, intensive attention
- A personalized, intensive couple therapy experience to help couples gain immediate traction and to be followed up with week to week therapy with a therapist in their area
- An intensive therapeutic experience to begin addressing a multitude of pressing issues including: addictions, affairs, separation/divorce
- The couple receives treatment that is typically done over months, but in a few days
- Designed to help couples in distress or couples who are seeking to rebuild connection
- An intensive experience in EFT couples therapy where couple’s can learn their patterns within a relationship that pull them toward isolation and cultivate new patterns that foster safety, trust, intimacy, communication and connection
Is an EFT Couples Intensive Marriage Retreat for us?
Emotionally Focused Therapy Couple Intensives & Marital Retreats are designed for couples who are:
- Looking for intensive marriage counseling weekend
- Seeking to rebuild, reconnect with their partner through an effective method of counseling
- In crisis for which weekly therapy is not helping
- Recovering from Infidelity
- On the verge of separation/divorce
- Experiencing significant distress in their relationship
- Wanting change sooner rather than later
- Not able to attend traditional weekly therapy
- Couples who would like more privacy while working on their relationship
- Desperate for some type of change in their relationship
What Will We Gain from an EFT Couple Intensive Marriage Retreat?
Through targeted, personalized professional help, you will gain:
- More connectedness
- More closeness
- More safety
- Better communication
- Creation of new relational dynamic
- More joy & less conflict
- Renewed sense of togetherness, partnership
- Understanding how the relationship was stuck
- Tools to stay out of negative dynamic
WHY THIS MARRIAGE RETREAT? – Destination Location – Jackson Hole, WY
- Just one hour south of Yellowstone National Park, and in the heart of Grand Teton National Park, Jackson Hole creates the ideal marriage retreat experience
- Peace & tranquility take you away from daily responsibilities, allowing couples a sense of restoration that is needed as you embark on a restorative relationship journey
- Wide variety of connecting activities for couples to enjoy during afternoon & evening breaks
- Leisurely pace of life in a surreal western town,
- Plethora of seasonal recreation compliments the goals of this intensive marriage retreat
- The majesty of Mother Nature, inspires couples into reconnection
Format of EFT Couple Intensive & Marital Retreat
An intensive marriage counseling weekend is roughly 12 hours of personalized therapy by a Certified EFT therapist. Below is a rough schedule of how the weekend unfolds, however, your therapist may decide to shift times, schedules in order to best meet the needs of your relationship.
Day 1 – total 6 hours
- Couple Session – 90 min.
- Individual Session – partner A, 60 min.
- Individual Session – partner B, 60 min.
- Wrap up morning session with couple – 15 min.
- Afternoon Break – (lunch) 1.5 hours
- Evening Couple Session – 2.5 hours
Day 2 – 6 hours
- Morning Couple Session – 3 hours w 15 min. break
- Afternoon Break (lunch) 1.5 hours
- Evening Couple Session – 2.5 hours
- 30 min. closure/wrap up with couple
Additional therapy hours/day may be added to this schedule upon request and billed according to retreat fee/hour.
Scheduling an Intensive Retreat
- FRI/SAT combination
- Typically it will take 3-5 weeks to schedule your intensive date
- To Register, please complete following form: request intensive
What Do We Need To Do First?
Couples will need to:
- Be pre-screened and complete paperwork
- Read Hold Me Tight authored by Dr. Sue Johnson
- Select and confirm date for retreat
- Arrange childcare & take off work
- Make travel arrangements
- Arrange payment (we accept cash/check/credit – please note there is a 3.75% charge associated with credit)
We are happy to help you with your accommodation and recreational bookings
Jackson Hole offers accommodations for every budget
Who Does Not Qualify For an EFT Couple Intensive & Marital Retreat?
This type of intensive marriage counseling weekend is not appropriate for:
- Couples engaged in domestic violence
- Couples who are actively engaged in substance abuse/dependence
- Couples who are actively engaged in an ongoing affair
Follow Up & Fee
- Couples will receive a personal referral to a qualified EFT therapist in their area
- Couples who sign release will benefit by coordination between intensive therapist and follow up therapist so aftercare can be seamless and efficient
- Fee: $4500 for weekend (this does not include travel, lodging, meals – therapy only). Please ask us about 5% discount!
- “What worked so well was the focus! Prior to our time with Laura we had difficulty having conversations without getting inflamed & triggered… Laura helped us focus on our emotion and guided us to send clearer signals so we can begin our repair our injuries. I highly recommend an intensive to anyone who is seeking to make forward movement and springboard into regular, productive therapy. Thank you so much Laura!” – July 2021
- “My wife and I were in a bad place. Trying to repair our marriage after the disclosure of multiple infidelities, finding ourselves drift and drowning, trying to repair the damage. the 2 days we spent with Laura were life changing. She showed us how to avoid conversations that were negative and unproductive, and to start speaking to each other in ways that proved to be positive, soothing and supportive. The days were emotionally intense, yet reinvigorating as well. Her ability to dissect interactions using an EFT approach, and without judgement, provide guidance, puts us months ahead of where we would have been otherwise. Laura has helped us see a path forward. We plan on making yearly visits to beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyoming as a continued investment in our marriage.” – April 2021
- “Our marriage needed an intensive. We have complex issues that other therapists did not know what to do with. We were thankful that we could meet in person and found that our work far surpassed our expectations. We focused on many healing conversations and deeply understood areas where we had been stuck. We progressed so much than just the weekly therapy. Highly recommend!” -April 2021
- “This is our 3rd Intensive with Laura. We appreciate starting each year with an intensive to prioritize our bond and continue working towards secure attachment. The safety created that allows us to explore deeper each time we meet is amazing.” – January 2021
- “We are so very grateful that we were able to do an intensive retreat during COVID times. Your attention to our safety both physically and emotionally was helpful in providing a safe place to work through our tough spots.” – April 2020
- “I wouldn’t have expected to be able to talk about the things we talked about in such a new way. I can see where our marriage got stuck in defensiveness and kept us from hearing one another. I feel equipped with tools to now keep the closeness we’ve regained during our time with you. Thank you!” – August 2020
- “Your strong guidance was so helpful in clarifying how I am stuck on the fence and not sure how to move forward. I feel that we’ve had a more honest conversation about how we got here and while we don’t know where this might end up, we are feeling much more confident with a well thought our plan. We appreciate your directness and focus – so helpful.” – October 2020
- 2019 Archived Testimonials
- 2018 Archived Testimonials
- 2017 Archived Testimonials